- 88th RSC
- Special Programs And Services
Legal Support And Services
Army Reserve Soldiers, not on Active duty, are eligible for free legal services from Reserve Component legal assistance providers. Soldiers can view available services, download request forms and find points of contact at the USAR Legal Command web page at www.usar.army.mil/ourstory/commands/USARLC.
Free legal services for Army Reserve Soldiers:
- Witnessing signatures to documents or providing notary services.
- Providing legal advice to Soldiers during a client interview or in a telephone conversation.
- A letter written on behalf of a Soldier and signed by an attorney or writing a letter for the Soldier’s signature.
- Legal document preparation including drafting, completing and execution of documents such as wills, powers of attorney, and leases.
- Legal negotiation with parties whose interests are adverse to that of the Soldier.
- Preparation and filing of federal and state income tax returns and other legal papers.
- Assistance to Soldiers which enables the Soldier to file legal documents, papers, or pleadings in civil proceedings without the attorney.
- Referral to another attorney in another military legal office or to a civilian lawyer.
- In-court representation (in limited circumstances).
Points of Contact
88th RSC Attorney Advisor
William D. Kimball
88th RSC Deputy Staff Judge Advocate
LTC Lance VonAh